A reading and book blog by me, Violet!

10/13/11

Only The Good Spy Young by Ally Carter


















I recently finished reading Only The Good Spy Young by Ally Carter. This is the fourth book in the Gallagher Girls Series. It is probably by far my favorite of these stories, but of course I have some complaints. But first, I have a good thought. This edition, was kind of like a reunion. They must have had every character who has ever appeared come back for the fun. Cammie, Bex, Liz, Macey, Headmistress Morgan, Mr. Solomon, Abby, Zach, (no Josh though) The Baxters, and The Circle Of Cavan. The beginning of the edition is great! I love the way Ally Carter thought of making a dearly beloved *character* is actually evil. I couldn't have ever changed Ally Carters words into my own. One of the main things I love in books that this one really had, was how one thing led to another. Like, how if Cammie hadn't been spending the summer with the Baxters, she may never have found out anything, or how if Agent Townsend had never came to The Gallagher Academy, they never would have found out some REALLY important info. The best thing about Agent Townsend (new CovOps teacher) is how he is so mysterious, and full of lies, also it's like, no one trusts him, he's probably evil, and then BANG!!!!! He's a good guy! The middle was still consistent, ok, not great, but fine. The only really good thing about the middle part of the story is how Zach comes back! Man I love that boy. I know I've said it before, and I can tell you I'll say it again, but I would totally date that boy! The end part of the story is kinda like walking on a mountain, first it goes up, then it goes down, and then it goes up again! I love all of the surprises, but my absolute favorite one is when you find out the connection Zach has with the leader of the Circle Of Cavan. But I do have a few problems. First of all, they give you too many surprises at the end of the book, it would have been a lot better if Ally Carter had spread out the surprises. Also, this is gonna sound weird, but I would have enjoyed a little more kissing. I can tell you, they kiss once of twice. To get down to it, I would give this book four stars out of five (have you ever noticed how The Gallagher Girls books seem to get a lot of four stars). I gave it four stars because even though I know I had a lot of complaints, it had what all of the Gallagher Girls books have, great creativity and imagination!

No comments:

Post a Comment