A reading and book blog by me, Violet!

12/22/11

Ida B. By Katherine Hannigan

Ida B.'s life is perfect... for now. When her life drops down hill and everything that was sweet is now sour, her heart becomes rock hard. She has nothing to do but mope. And then, she starts her plans.














To start off my review I think I will say that this book was worth reading, not my favorite book ever, but O.K. Katherine Hannigan created a realistic character, who brought back fun and silliness. Ida B. is totally different from any other character I have ever read about, seen in something, or even heard about! She was fun silly, interesting, and odd in a enjoyable way. 

One thing I really enjoyed about this book was how it brought up important problems in the world. Cancer, cutting down trees, rude and mean people, and bullying. Another thing I really liked about this book was how the writer gave details that made it so when something bad was happening to Ida B. you could actually feel her misery, and as I personally thought, your heart ached. Although, there were some thing I did not like about this book. One example is that I thought that it sort of masqueraded as a nice book and then turned in to a depressing novel. The first few chapters seemed nice and around chapter five or six, it became so depressing that I had a lot of trouble just reading it. I would pick it up and put it right down because I could barely stand through the depressing parts. The only other problem I had with this story is that it had an ending that didn't tell you anything, so you just want to know what happened next.

Well, I liked this book, but as I said earlier, it wasn't really that great so I think I will just have to give it 3 out of 5 stars. I would not recommend this to book club or children under the age of 9 because if your under that age, a lot of the story will not make much sense. Anyway, tune in again soon for my review of Home For The Holidays by Heather Vogel Frederick.

<3 Violet Hart




No comments:

Post a Comment