A reading and book blog by me, Violet!

2/24/12

Lola and the Boy Next Door

Lola's life is great. She has a hot, rocker boyfriend, a loyal best friend, and an amazing talent. But when Cricket Bell, a boy she has a bad past with, returns, will her life be able to hold itself up? Or will she find herself falling head-over-heels for the boy next door. 











This book was great, but I did not enjoy it as much as I enjoyed it's companion, Anna and the French Kiss. I was very happy, though, to be reading this book and find out that Anna and St. Clair are in this. But I still liked Cricket and Lola. Lola was a creative idea from Stephanie Perkins mind. She was extremely different. Another thing I really liked is how even though Lola and Cricket are the typical couple--cute, funny, and have enough problems to keep the story interesting--they are completely un-typical. I don't exactly know how to explain it. I really enjoy reading Stephanie Perkins style of writing. I feel as if she gives a lot of detail, and always makes the story humorous. That is exactly what I look for in writing. She does this style of writing in Anna and Lola.

I did enjoy this book, but I found the plot to be sorta unoriginal. The characters are original, but the story was relatively familiar. The girl who is dating someone else, and the boy who likes her, and the girl doesn't know what to do. Seen that, done this. I still enjoyed it enough though.

I don't recommend this for kid, or tweens. I would say teens, and early adults. I would say that this isn't for people who don't like realistic fiction. I am giving it four out of five stars, and I do highly recommend it.

Peace Out, ViHa (Violet Hart combined)

No comments:

Post a Comment