A reading and book blog by me, Violet!

3/9/12

Something Maybe

Every high school kid thinks that their parents are embarrassing, but Hannah knows that hers are the worst. her father is famous for showing pictures of girls on his popular website, and her mother has a website where she video chats while wearing a bra and undies. Hannah is trying to find her way in life, but that's hard when you're constantly judged by you parents.




I thought this was a charming book about love, but I wouldn't say it was amazing. The characters were not particularly original, but they were fun. I loved Hannah. She was so down to earth considering who her parents were and since they were famous. She was interesting, funny, charming, and lovable. I actually didn't like Finn very much. He was a little annoying, and too pushy for me. It seemed to me like he was trying to pursue Hannah in an inappropriate way. He wasn't really that nice, and in the end I didn't think him and Hannah were such a great couple.

I thought the story was creative, though-- I don't think I've ever read a book with the same plot, or even a similar one. It was interesting. I do actually think it was realistic. As hard as it is for me to believe being stuck in the world of happily every after, there are times when the person you think you love isn't the real person you end up with, or fall in love with. There was a weird part of the book where Josh (Hannah's crush before Finn) is flirting with her mom, and I found that gross. It's disgusting for a teenage boy to be looking at a grown woman. Josh made me want to puke at every part of the book.

I liked this book, but I didn't actually think it was that well written. The writing was a little odd and boring. I do think I am compelled to read her other books, but just because I have a friend who loves the Elizabeth Scott stuff. She actually recommended this book, and that is why I read it. She also recommended the Unearthly series. I like her recommendations a lot. That is like the only major issue worth stating, so I will move on.

I recommend this to teens and young adults. It gets three out of five stars. I liked it enough, but it wasn't a favorite.

Love, Violet

No comments:

Post a Comment