A reading and book blog by me, Violet!

7/14/13

Confessions of a Triple Shot Betty by Jody Gehrman

Geena can't wait to get to spend her entire summer hanging with her best friend Amber and her favorite cousin Hero. The only problem? Amber and Hero hate each other, and the three of them are all stuck working together at the Triple Shot Betty Coffee Shop. But things between Amber and Hero especially heat up when the guy Amber likes asks Hero out. By the way things have been going, it seems like Geena won't ever get the nice summer she wants--especially if boys keep getting in the way!




This book was a nicely written, heartfelt story about the struggle of dealing with boys and bullies. It was funny and sweet, with just enough edge to make it fun and exciting! This book was filled with so much emotion that sometimes I felt like I wanted to throw the book across the room in anger at some of the things the characters did. I actually find myself getting very angry just writing this review and thinking about it! Jody Gehrman wrote this book so you felt so much for these characters. When Geena, Hero, or Amber were upset or mad, I couldn't help but find myself feeling that way too. I felt so much love for the "good guys" and was so mad a the "bad guys" that sometimes I felt like I didn't know what to do with myself. I would just sit there staring at the book mumbling, "wha-wha-what!?!"! The characters were very well written and seemed real and even though some weren't particularly likable, I still loved them.

The plot of this book was pretty good. Some of the plot points were definitely clever, unique and it benefited the story to put them in. Although, some of the other plot points (particularly some of the more inappropriate or gross ones) just seemed a little like filler moments, put in just to be inappropriate. Aside from that, the story line was fabulous and fun! I loved all the romance in the story. From the kissing to the fighting, I knew it would all turn out great for the couples. They were so cute! I won't say who the characters end up with because that would be a spoiler, but I thought they all ended up with the right person.

I would recommend this book to a friend for sure! It was written well and had a great plot. I would probably say not to read this if you don't like romance or are under the age of 13. There are definitely some inappropriate aspects to this book that would not be okay for little kids. But if you enjoy romance then you should definitely give it a try! I rate it 4 out of 5 stars because it was good, just certain plot points and moments seemed rather unnecessary. I am reading the sequel, Triple Shot Bettys in Love, and will be reviewing it soon. I am also reading Ray Bradbury's Farenheit 451 so also look out for that review. That about wraps it up! Come back soon for more reviews and other material!

-Violet

No comments:

Post a Comment