A reading and book blog by me, Violet!

11/3/11

The Lemonade War by Jacqueline Davies




















Two siblings fighting about lemonade? My kind a book! The Lemonade War was a fun and interesting realistic fiction book about family. Some of the most important main characters are Jessie, Evan, Scott, and Megan. I felt really connected to Jessie because of the way she fought with her brother. Believe me, I know, I have an older sibling. Jessie and Evan fought many struggles based on who was smarter, braver, better, and tons of other things that are silly.

One of the best things about this book is that even though it has some learning experiences like math, it also is paired up with comedy, which makes the perfect blend of coath (comedy and math). The book hooks you at first, but in my opinion slows down somewhere early in the beginning, and stays that way until almost the end.

Even though it was a great read, well written, and unique, it also lacked excitement, adventure, and didn't have a straight-forward ending, which made it less satisfying for me, personally. I would say that Davies wrote a book worthy of two stars. Not exactly horrible, like don't read it, and not exactly outstanding, like you have to read this. I still do plan on reading the sequel, The Lemonade Crime. One reason it may have felt slow was because I think its better for people between the ages of 9 and 11.


   

No comments:

Post a Comment