A reading and book blog by me, Violet!

1/2/12

Juniper Berry by M.P. Kozlowsky

Juniper Berry's life is just plain odd. First her parents turn into totally different people, and then she discovers a portal to something else strange! Suddenly she's fighting to save her and her new friend Giles's parents lives. Can she save them all?








Juniper Berry was definitely a tale of terror and temptation. I mean, I was sitting at my table reading this book, and I started getting goose bumps and my heart was beating rapidly. It was pretty creepy, but I loved it sooooooo much.  I know I don't really hate any books, but this one was a book that I really, really, loved! One thing I personally really liked about it was how it was like a modern day fairy tale. The girl who finds something special and it ends up in a big mess, plus magic and boys. And those bad guys are soooooooooooo bad. Not your pretty bad but may have had some good intention kind a bad guys, they were more like if you don't give me what I want I'll kill you and everyone you love kind of bad guys.

Now, has there ever been a point where you've been reading a book and they make it seem like the boy and the girl are just really good friends, but in your head you totally think that they each have a big crush on the other one? Thats exactly what I was thinking while I was reading this book. I still kinda wish that Juniper and Giles would tell each other that they liked them. There actually was no love thing in this book which is probably because this is a middle grade book, a very different middle grade book.

I know this sounds odd but I actually didn't have any problems with this book, or at least there wasn't any that I noticed, so I look forward to reading other peoples review's so I can see what they thought.

Overall this book was amazing original, and creative. I think you all know what is coming, five out of five stars. I recommend this for anyone over the age of 9, cause' it's kinda creepy, and even though it is a middle grade book, it still is better for older middle graders.

1 comment:

  1. I loved it too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete