A reading and book blog by me, Violet!

2/17/12

Anna and the French Kiss

Anna was less than enthusiastic about being shipped off to Paris for her senior year, until she meets the beautiful St.Clair. He has everything. Good luck, a good sense of humor, and of course, a girlfriend. But will Anna have enough time to get her big kiss?








Emmmm... This book was yummy! I gobbled it up. I absoulutly loved it. One things I personally liked a lot about it is that St. Clair is like the nicest guy YA character ever. They are usually kind of mean and moody, but St. Clair was always friendly and nice. Especially to Anna. St. Clair also was so interesting. He had such an interesting story, and I enjoyed every scene with him in it. Another thing I really liked about it was the authors style of writing. It's kind of hard to explain. I think it was mostly that Stephanie Perkins had a voice that sounded so much like an actually teen. She totally sounded like she was in her late teens. One other thing I liked was that all of the characters are different from each other, and other book characters. No one is so similar to another character that I got any of them confused. Meredith was Meredith. Anna was Anna. St. Clair was St. Clair. It's really refreshing to read a book where you don't ever really say, "Oh! That character is a lot like this character from that book!" I say that almost every time I read a book. My favorite character was probably Rashmi because she was just so nice to Anna. When everyone else is mad a Anna, Rashmi is still nice to her. That is absolutely something that I want in a like-able book character.

One thing that I didn't like so much about this book is that some of the plot points were a little odd, and maybe even a little unnecessary, but most of it was on track. That is about the only thing I really don't like about it.

I loved this book a lot, and I of course give it 5 out of 5 stars. I can not wait to read the companion, Lola and the Boy Next Door. I recommend it to teens, and late tweens. It isn't really appropriate for kids, and I don't think adults would like it so much. Thank you for reading my review and I really hope you enjoyed it.

Sincerely, Violet

No comments:

Post a Comment