A reading and book blog by me, Violet!

11/29/13

Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell

For Cath, being a fan of the popular book series Simon Snow is her life. She and her sister used to eat, sleep, and breath those books. But now her sister has left the fandom, the only thing is Cath does not want to let go. Now her sister refuses to be her roommate (or her friend, for that matter) at college. Cath finds herself lost in the confusion of family, friends, boys, and her fandom. 






        This book was amazing. For all of you have read any of my previous reviews, you can verify how much I like most books. I generally try not to read books if I don't think I will like it. But this book I really liked. In fact, this may be one of my favorite books of the year. Now, this book got to me through my mom. She read it, and because me and my sister usually act like crazy obsessed fangirls, she told us both to read it. I went into it already knowing I would probably like it because it was getting great reviews and sounded really funny, but I clearly didn't have a clue about how much I would like it. It was hilarious, adorable, and told in a real way what it was like to be crazy and obsessed with a book.
        I would like to talk about the writing here. It was a great and adorable story, but it was also just very well written. The characters were all pretty believable, and I felt reacted in a way that most people would. The writing was also just, in a way, beautiful. There were a few scenes that didn't really have that much drama or anything super exciting going on, but the way they were written made them seem amazing. A lot of the main character's problems weren't really that intense. She did have huge family issues, and some friend and boy confusion, but there were times where she was freaking out about her fanfiction. In scenes that were like that, if it was poorly written I would have been saying something along the lines of, "Oh who cares? Just grow up and deal with it!" but because of the way it was written, at times like that I often said things like, "Awww! Poor girl!". It actually made me feel something, and a lot of that is thanks to Rainbow Rowell's writing.
        As I almost always end up doing, I'm now going to do a whole long, boring paragraph about how much I loved the main couple. And I'm sorry to do this again, but i'm going to have to. I was in love with Levi and Cath! They were a great couple, and really worked well together. They had a well written relationship. Yes, they had their problems, but in the end, the way their relationship was created made me so happy. It just reminded me what it's like to be in love with anything (for me, it's all just books and movies).
        I would recommend this book to anyone who wants to have something to relate to, or something to love. It was just a happy book that even with it's sad parts, was still just mostly fun and happy. Another reason I liked it so much, was because the Simon Snow books they were all reading, reminded me of Harry Potter, which was just a nice thing to remember. You probably already saw this coming, but I give Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell 5 out of 5 stars! Thank you for reading!

-Violet 

No comments:

Post a Comment